Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I made a detour

I was going to go straight for Fracture's loop. Pick up Em, see my boyfriend, have a serious conversation with a pre teen psychopath. But I found myself in Ohio.

I grew up there.

Not that I knew it was Ohio at the time. I didn't get out much. Which in this context means 'I was locked in a basement'. But every once in a while, that basement calls me home.

I can't tell you why I do this. I went through so much pain when I was there. But part of it will always be, I don't know. Home I guess.

Except I noticed something this time. On the top floors and at the basement entrance there are markings. They are faint, hard to spot. I only noticed at all because I had been staring at the door for a very long time (please don't ask).

I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I think I'm going to look into them.

I had always thought that Dubois was just a nutcase. But maybe there was something else going on.

I don't know if that would make it better or worse.

3 comments:

  1. How long a delay are we looking at? And, as an aside, its usually worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A day maybe. Don't worry, I'm almost there.

      Delete
    2. Ah. Fair enough. Was worried about how Em might take a lengthy delay. See you soon enough then.

      Delete